The Innovation and Investment Division carries policy and delivery management responsibility for the attraction of foreign direct investment to Ireland, enterprise innovation, intellectual property and North/South activities delivered through multiple agencies as set out below.
The Division has responsibility for:
- Contributing to the delivery of effective foreign direct investment (FDI) policy in Ireland by working with IDA Ireland and other Government Departments to ensure the Agency’s strategies are implemented as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Fostering and growing enterprise innovation through IDA Ireland and Enterprise Ireland; innovation programmes through Enterprise Ireland includes programmes for in-company innovation, connecting enterprise to academic research, commercialisation of research from Higher Education Institutes and the creation of High Potential Start-Up companies. These programmes are aimed at driving exports and creating jobs.
- North/South issues and InterTrade Ireland, involving responsibilities for enterprise and innovation at all-island level.
- Intellectual Property policy and administration, to ensure Ireland delivers a world class IP management service. This mandate includes the Intellectual Property Office of Ireland in Kilkenny.
- National Standards Authority of Ireland (NSAI).
Assistant Secretary: Dermot Mulligan
Units of Innovation and Investment Division
- Enterprise Ireland Innovation Programmes
- Disruptive Technologies Innovation Fund
- European Space Agency and EU Space Programmes
- Smart Specialisation and Enterprise Innovation Policy
- Trademarks and Industrial Designs
- National Standards Authority of Ireland (NSAI) Liaison
Inward Investment and North South
- IDA Ireland Liaison
- EU Tariff Suspension Scheme
Future Manufacturing Ireland
Main contact points